Job Title: Forklift Operator
Job Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non- Exempt
The forklift operator is responsible for the movement of product from the production lines to the trailers. Trailers are loaded to customers’ requirements and as well as in ways to ensure transport of damage free product shipped to the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Qualified to operate equipment by passing a Forklift Test.
- Understand the Loading Summary manifest sheet for product distribution
- Utilize RF Scanning system to identify product.
- Palletize product for shipment if required. Check customer pallet requirements for type of pallet used.
- Load product to ensure damage free shipping utilizing necessary products for load stabilization.
- Must meet the quality assurance standards of the company when handling product.
- Know how to handle various unit configurations without damaging product.
- Report to Team Lead or Warehouse manager product for High Risk
- Report problems with loads to the Team Leads or Warehouse Manager for resolutions.
- Handle required paperwork for Pallet check off.
- Forklift Inspection prior to operating lift.
- Pull orders for warehouse releases.
- Load and unload product from trailers
- Inventory control process
- Tag out of defective equipment
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- Preferred prior work experience in the corrugated industry
- Experience as a fork lift operator
- High degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of company equipment and in the prevention of damage to materials and equipment
- Pass substance abuse screening according to company policy
- Desire to be a part of a winning team, matching work ethic and energy level
- Successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check
- Maintain Qualifications as a lift operator as required by law.