Assist the operator and assistant in the setup and running of machine, with a focus on time saving practices to limit downtime and setup times. Ensure a quality product is being released to our customers
Essential Job Functions:
- Must possess sense of urgency in fast-paced environment, while working safely
- Limit scrap waste,
- Deliver scrap waste to proper dept when scrap truck is full, and accurately tag for waste reporting
- Collect top and bottom sheets (dunnage) to expedite converting process
- Pack products for shipment as specified for individual orders
- Learn and practice good lock out/ tag out procedures
- Follow reporting processes for accurate completion of production paperwork and CTI/HRMS
- Hang print plates, mount die boards and handle ink
- Read and understand production order copy for every production run, and assist operator in ensuring quality (includes basic corrugated terminology)
- Understand machine mechanical functionality, and conduct in depth cleaning of press when scheduled
- Run press in case of operator unavailability
- Work overtime as production needs require
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain an acceptable appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, dependability, reliability, self sufficiency, communicate effectively with co-workers. Furthermore, to work with accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ corrugated experience or related manufacturing industry preferred
Tape measurer, computers (for reporting purposes), print and cutting dies, machine related devices (both computerized and manual mechanical devices), box cutters, and substrate (corrugated stock)
Manufacturing environment; Not temperature controlled – hot in summer and cold in winter (will need to dress appropriately). No jewelry or baggy clothes due to safety. YCC is a hearing protected facility, and ear protection (PPE’s) is required at all times when in the plant.