Assist the Prepress department’s fulfillment of day to day plate, ink and die demands.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fulfill the day to day operations of the Prepress department.
- Prep tooling to meet production schedule.
- Inspect and return tooling to inventory
- Repair cutting dies
- Dispense Ink and verify color
- Assist in mainlining color library
- Assist in plant technical training programs.
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description
- High School diploma, GED or minimum of five years in Prepress production experience. Degree preferred
- Proficiency in the following computer software: Windows O.S. Outlook, HRMS and CTI. Input knowledge of Excel, Word
- Knowledge of flexographic printing and printing plates.
- Knowledge of rotary and flatbed die cutting methods.
- Knowledge of basic color theory spectrophotometry.
Machines/Tools/Equipment: Windows based computer system, copy/ fax. X Rite color management software and probes. pH and viscosity, slide angle and rub testing equipment. Various hand tools