Maintenance mechanical repair will assist each shift with mechanical troubleshooting and repairs to keep equipment running and minimize downtime while supporting all other members of the maintenance group with any other repairs, projects, etc. deemed necessary by the department manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with Basic mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Identify and repair air leaks, water leaks, glue leaks, oil leaks
- Assist with the repair steam leaks
- Able to troubleshoot and repair basic pumps and pump systems
- Able to work on basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Able to troubleshoot and repair / replace basic cylinders
- Able to work with a variety of mechanical hardware (various sizes/threads/etc.)
- Some basic ability to fabricate / repair damaged, bent, and broken parts using various methods (welding, fastening, machining, etc.)
- Assist with mechanical PM as needed
- Assembly of various racking, equipment, etc.
- Some basic ability to work with bushings, bearings, locking collars, sprockets, chains, drive belts, pulleys, tensioners, miscellaneous belts and lacers
- Basic understanding of tolerances / square / parallel
- Able to assist with the setup and rigging for roll changes and larger repairs
- Basic ability to read schematics and mechanical prints
- Assist with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of 1 years’ industrial electrical experience
- A valid, current driver’s license preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with contractors, service techs (onsite/phone support), and fellow employees
- Understands various aspects of an industrial facility including structural, electrical, plumbing systems, etc.
- Ability to work additional hours and weekends as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Must be willing to attend various training to improve plant operations / skillsets