The maintenance supervisor will handle all daily tasks associated with operating the maintenance department while overseeing the other members of the maintenance group. The maintenance supervisor will also assist with troubleshooting and repairs to keep equipment running and minimize downtime while supporting all other members of the maintenance group with any other repairs, projects, etc. deemed necessary by the department manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assign work orders daily to all other members of maintenance crew
- Follow up on status and time to completion on all pending work orders
- Verify that all maintenance members are accounting for work performed on work orders by entering labor, parts, time, etc.
- Organize and schedule the weekend maintenance plan
- Work with engineering to coordinate with all service tech repair work
- Communicate with purchasing and follow up with all parts orders to make sure necessary parts are onsite for upcoming repairs
- Review daily maintenance diary hours for accounting and overtime management
- Work with engineering to plan and assign labor for project work
- Maintain and improve the maintenance machine library including but not limited to updating prints, parts lists, and repair procedures
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs as needed
- Prioritize breakdown / repair / project work with department manager
- Work with less experienced members of the maintenance group to impart knowledge and improve the overall skills of the group
- Oversee safety and safety procedures within the maintenance group making sure that all maintenance members are properly trained, possess and wear the proper PPE, follow all plant safety procedures, and perform their work in the safest manner possible
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of 15 years’ industrial electrical / mechanical experience
- A valid, current driver’s license preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with contractors, service techs (onsite/phone support), and fellow employees
- Understands various aspects of an industrial facility including structural, electrical, plumbing systems, etc.
- Ability to work additional hours and weekends as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Proficient with electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Proficient with mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Fluent with schematics and blueprints
- Proficiency in MS Excel & Word is a plus
- Proficient with industrial trouble shooting skills
- Proficient with Allen Bradley software, Indramat software / drives, Profibus software / drives, and Mitsubishi software / drives
- Comfortable working independently
Assortment of all hand, small power, and machine shop tools used within the maintenance department including all necessary safety devices / PPE required to complete work, computer, phone, basic office equipment (printer, copier, scanner, fax), tow motor, boom / scissors lift, etc.
Employees are expected to follow all facility safety guidelines that include adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Food Safety as outlined during their training.
Manufacturing environment working around machinery, moving equipment, and loud noise (hearing protection required), Environment is not climate controlled and there is exposure to a wide range of temperatures (temperature varies depending on work/machine location and ranges from 50 degree F to 100 degree F), Possibility of outside work in all types of weather conditions (including heat, cold, rain, and snow). A portion of the time will also be spent in an office environment either on the computer or phone as needed.