The Lead Supervisor is responsible for the leadership, management and technical problem solving of shift Corrugate Converting Supervisors and hourly employees. Additionally responsible for executing the business plan to meet departmental objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership in production department while striving for compliance in safety, quality, waste and productivity.
- Coach, train and develop operations Supervisors and employees in production, problem solving, and technical aspects.
- Address key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production.
- Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner
- Ensure minimum quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis
- Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers
- Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure
- Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts
- Plan and direct work for Supervisors to assign to hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis
- Must possess problem solving/root cause analysis skills; leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate teams to exceed expectation; communication, planning and organization skills; sense of urgency and accountability; customer focus; ability to work effectively in cross-functional team environment
- Ability to make
independent, effective decisions.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to manage the details.
- Must be willing to “seek perfection” and have the ability to get others to following this direction.
- Must be proactive
- Must posses strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Suite and other office equipment.
- Possess working knowledge of SPC (Statistical control).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a number of issues at one time.
- Minimum of a High School diploma – B.S preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment OR 2 years of professional experience and a Technical Diploma or higher in a business or engineering related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or lead experience within the paper industry
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in the corrugated industry
- Availability to work shift work and overtime as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Experience leading an employee training/development program in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, engineering, or related field
- Experience working in Corrugated Packaging, Containerboard, Folding Carton, or Paper industries