The electrician technician will handle troubleshooting and repairs to keep equipment running and minimize downtime while supporting all other members of the maintenance group with any other repairs, projects, etc. deemed necessary by the department manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proficient with electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Test and replace fuses
- Test and replace solenoids
- Test and replace contactors / relays
- Test and replace proximity / limit switches
- Reset and replace breakers / motor starters
- Adjust and replace photo eyes
- Able to make conduit runs, wire pulls, and wire terminations
- Proficient in performing pneumatic and hydraulic system repairs
- Proficient working with single phase / 3 phase / 110V, 240V, 277V, 480V, and 24V control systems
- Able to work with Volt Meter/Amp Meter to troubleshoot electrical systems
- Proficient reading schematics/blueprints to troubleshoot electrical systems
- Able to troubleshoot AC / DC control circuits
- Able to troubleshoot motors and drives, then replace if needed
- Proficient at troubleshooting PLC’s and ladder logic
- Able to cross reference and change out electrical devices with other brands
- Able to troubleshoot by phone while communicating with other maintenance personnel or machine techs
- Able to circumvent problems and find ways to keep machines running
- Able to perform project work with little supervision
- Able to communicate and problem solve with foreign and domestic techs by phone and online support
- Perform electrical building maintenance
- Assist with electrical PM as needed
- Proficient with mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Fluent with schematics and blueprints
- 480V 3 phase wiring expertise
- Comfortable working independently
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A valid, current driver’s license preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with contractors, service techs (onsite/phone support), and fellow employees
- Understands various aspects of an industrial facility including structural, electrical, plumbing systems, etc.
- Ability to work additional hours and weekends as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Proficiency in MS Excel & Word is a plus
- Proficient with industrial trouble shooting skills
- Proficient with Allen Bradley software, Indramat software / drives, Profibus software / drives, and Mitsubishi software / drives
Voltmeter, conduit benders, assortment of hand and small power tools, computer, basic office equipment, tow motor, etc.